Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Events

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the future and present mothers out there! :)
It was a long day for me. As some of you may know, I had a miscarriage and lost my baby a month ago. So this Mother's Day was just a reminder that another year has come and I am not a mother.
A friend of mine on Facebook shared this picture and I am going to share it with you (I know I'm a day late, forgive me)



But no sadness today (besides the fact that it's Monday!) I did get a wonderful Step-Mother's Day gift, new running shoes!! I have had my eye on these shoes for a few months now and I finally got them and they are everything I imagined!
I ran 4 miles in them yesterday morning and my feet still felt amazing afterwards. This shoe is the Nike Flex Trainer 2. The only shoes I will run in is Nike so this just adds to my collection. They last a long time and I feel like I run the best in the shoes. Highly recommend!!

So a rundown of my weekend activities:
Up at 6:30AM on Saturday because my body refuses to sleep in. I get hungry and I have to get up.
9:00AM we meet up with Katie for some farmer's market shopping. I am sadly disappointed that there is nothing in season yet so I only got a bunch of green onions, some homemade peach jam, a spaghetti squash dairy-free homemade grain bread and 3 fresh cucumbers.
2 farmers markets search; on to the grocery stores. Our first stop was HyVee for my fuel saver purchases. The fuel savers program is great; you buy groceries you would normally buy and you receive a certain amount of change off your gas (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10 cents off with each item you buy.)
I saved $0.78 off my fill up this week!
After Hyvee was Sam's Club. There are items I only buy in bulk so this is the next stop. Here I grabbed some gorgeous fresh strawberries, 2% milk, bananas, a salad blend, some canned chicken and tuna for sandwiches.
Next, to the 1st Aldis. This is our discount store and their produce can't be beat. Since there wasn't much of a selection at the farmer's markets, this is the next best thing. Here I grab cantaloupe, blueberries, turkey sausage, green peppers tomatoes and a few more things.
We head home to unload the car and eat lunch before we continue our shopping.
Then we go to the Aldi's across town to get ground chicken. That's all I needed from this store so we were in and out.
Our last stop was WalMart. I needed some storage containers for my salad mix and fresh fruit. It's about 2PM now and I am exhausted. After putting all the groceries away, I climb into bed for a quick nap.
Wake up and make supper. I made chicken tacos salads with lettuce, olives, green peppers, tomato, mushrooms and black beans. It was amazing :)
Then relaxing for the rest of the night...I say all the walking and food lifting I did Saturday was my work out.

Sunday was Mother's Day. And also the day I get up at 7:30 to go running with Katie. We ran a total of 4 miles then went back to her house to talk and drink coffee! As much as I love my kids, it's nice to talk to a grown up sometimes! After I left, I went home to clean and food prep. I chopped and mixed the salad together in my new big storage bowl. Then I chopped green peppers, tomato, and the fresh cucumbers I got at the farmers market. Next, I chopped my fruit; the cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries and put them in my other storage container. I also dry roasted 4 cans of chickpeas with paprika, sea salt and black pepper.
For supper I steamed the spaghetti squash for an hour in a 375 degree oven and then sauteed it in vegan butter with basil, parsley, oregano and a small amount of sweet pepper marinara sauce. The kids loved it!! After supper, I washed up and headed to the gym for my leg session. After 50 minutes, I came home and crashed in exhaustion.

Question of the day: What foods to you food prep for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment