Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Love of Running!

I am in love with running....like most runners it is my therapy and my only alone time during the day! And today just happened to be the first run of the season for me. As much as I love running, I don't love running in the freezing Iowa winters. So I had a 4 month leave, you could say. Stationary running isn't my style either. The first run is always the greatest, and this time both the kids and the man joined me!! Although that slows my mile time, I don't care. That family time is way more important. We had some movies to return so we heading out after supper and raced a little. Now it's back to 5:30am runs for me...that's the only free time I have during the week so I'll take it. :) this run/walk was a total of 1.44 miles and we did it in 22 minutes....which is a bad mile time but HEY I think that's pretty great for the kids!

Some more great news...we booked our trip back to NC for my birthday!! It's only a few weeks away. (The big 2-1 will be spent working and with the kids.) I am more than excited to get down south and see my family but especially my beautiful baby nephew! He is the cutest thing in the world. I am in need of a vacation after the month I've been through! In honor of my vacation, I have started self tanning. I have a weird icky skin condition that freaks out if I lay in the sun or in the tanning bed. Time to get a little "sun" on me!

Good wise, today has been a lot of snacking! Healthy snacking but still snacking. And I am ok with that...a few pita chips and an extra bite of granola never killed anyone or gained a pound. I love food, I just know what food to love an what food to leave alone. Also, because I love food I love where the food comes from. In order for me to feel good, I have to know the food I'm eating wasn't tortured. That's just the vegan in me. Run and rest over, gym time now! Got to knock out shoulders and back.







No comments:

Post a Comment