Friday, May 24, 2013

Oh How Fun?!

It's survey time. I ran across this while reading Tina's blog. She has some amazing post and keeps it interesting. I seen this and I figured why not 2 post for today?! :) Enjoy!

1. What did you eat for breakfast?
I eat the same breakfast every day through the week so sugar-free brown sugar oatmeal. It was a little too dry this morning though (only I can mess up oatmeal from a pack!)
 
2. How much water do you drink a day?

I don't count but it is a lot. Water and coffee are all I drink. If I had to guess I fill my .7L Camelbak roughly 20 times on an average day (that's work and home.) Needless to say, I'm in the girls room ALOT!


3. What is your current favorite workout?
I have just bagan doing interval training on the treadmills and I am loving it. I sweat so much and I can really feel the work as opposed to just walking or running. The one I'm doing now is a 15 minute workout (at the end of my lifting session):
Incline 4-6 for 3 min warm up.
Run 6-7 for 2 mins.
Slow back down to 3.5 and raise incline to 10 for 3 minutes.
Lower incline to 0 and run 7 for 2 mins.
Slow back down to 3.5 and raise incline to 12 for 2 minutes.
Lower incline to 0 and run at 7.5 for 2 minutes.
Do a cool down jog for a minute.
The sweat will be dripping!

 4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I honestly have no idea. I don't count anymore because it does not work for me. I eat when I'm hungry and always make healthy decisions.
 
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

Oil-Free Roasted Chickpeas. I would choose these over anything all the time!
 
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?

For lunch I usually do a simple salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, peppers mushrooms and my secret weapon (WALNUTS!) With the salad, I have a veggie burger for some protein action! 

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
My favorite body part to train is my back. It's the sexiest part on a woman (my opinion) and it is one of my hardest work out days. 
 

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Arms are def. my least favorite body part to work on. Especially anything that involves my triceps. :( 

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Bad food craving. I'm glad I get to say I don't really have any. I very rarely crave sugar or any unhealthy foods. Maybe Chinese food? I have a huge craving for vegetable lo mein all the time and it's far from healthy but oh, so good! 
 

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yes I do. I take quite a few. Since I'm vegan, there are some nutrients I just don't get enough of in my diet. Also, for someone who is trying to conceive, I need extra nutrients to make my body a healthy place for a baby. I take: a whole foods prenatal vitamin, folic acid, vitamin D, calcium, a baby aspirin and the most amazing thing I've ever taken, a probiotic! If you are not taking one, you should be. It takes my healthy body feeling to a whole new level. 
I also do a soy protein shake after every work out. 
11. How often do you eat out? 
Maybe once every 2 weeks and always the same spot. The Steamboat is the kids favorite and they are reasonably priced and have some healthy options for us. 
12. Do you eat fast food?
No! No! No! I tell my kids, if it has a drive thru we are not eating there. Food should not be able to be handed out through a window! (Starbucks being an exception, but I don't buy food from them.) 

 13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My biggest supporter is Jeremy! He is my  rock in everything life has to offer including my fitness! He goes along with all my crazy vegan foods and health ideas and supports me no matter what I decide to do. He is perfect an amazing!
 

14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes I do. I go to Roc Gym in my town. It's a little gym but it has everything I need and is never that busy. There is always a squat rack free :)

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I sleep 8-9 hours a night. I am usually asleep by 9pm and sleep until 6. And that is never enough it seems. 

16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I guess there are some days where I eat heavier than others but I don't see food or days as "cheating." One meal isn't going to make or break your fitness goals. And I don't ever plan a day to blow my healthy eating...some days my brain wants more carbs than others. 

17. Do you drink alcohol?
Nope! With 2 kids, I don't want that to be an impression they grow up with. 

18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Not usually! If Jeremy has the day off he will go to the gym with me but other than that, I'm on my own. And that's ok with me. Unless I accomplish a PR and then I really wish he was there to see it. Make him proud of me! 

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?
Giving up sugar! Giving up fast food! Seeing my body change in a way I never knew it could! There are so many. Being proud of myself for sticking with something so important. :D


20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Ate a big bowl of fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment