Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Fun-Day

I must admit: I have an obsession. All week, every day, from the time I wake up until the time I got to bed I am thinking about fitness and food. Not in an obsessive way just running through my mind things I need from the grocery store or the foam roller I need to buy because it's on sale. Most of the time, they are just fleeting thoughts that I forget 30 minutes after I have them. But some of them stick. Saturday is my grocery shopping day and Sunday is my prep day. Always goes this way, never fails. When I have a system I like to stick to it, makes my life easier to manage! So since grocery day is tomorrow, I am going to share my shopping list with you! Most of this is typical but this week I'm looking at getting some extras to make my life a little simpler.

Veggies:
Spinach
Romaine Lettuce
Tomato
Black Olives
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Green Beans
Corn on the Cob
Spaghetti Squash
Summer Squash
Zucchini
Cucumber

Fruits:
Cantalope
Strawberries
Blueberries
Bananas
Lemons

I will try to get as many of these as I can at the local farmers market. I love the farmers market and I look to go every week this year; it's generally cheaper and better tasting than anything at the grocery stores.

Meats:
Turkey Sausage
Chicken Breast
Ground Chicken
Chicken Tenders
Boca Soy Crumbles-Vegan

Cheese:
Go Veggie Cheddar-Vegan
Sliced Colby Jack

Pasta:
Barilla Veggie Pasta
Brown Rice

Dairy:
Silk Vanilla Soy Milk-Vegan
2% Milk

Bread:
Ezekial Bread 4:9
Wheat Tortilla Wraps

Eggs
Chickpeas (for another 2 batches of my oil-free roasted chickpeas)

I also need some 2 containers and a few plastic baskets. The containers will be used for the cut up fruit and the other will be for my lettuce blend. I will get enough for a weeks worth of salads so my morning prep will be so much easier!The plastic baskets will be for raw eggs, boiled eggs and a veggie basket.

I am thinking of doing a roasted veggie pan on the grill this weekend with some blackened chicken so all these fresh veggies will go to use.

Question of the day: What are some of your favorite summer veggie recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment