Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Oil-Free Roasted Chickpeas

This recipe is so wasy and so versitile, there is no reason why you should ever grab a bag of chips again. I had some spare cans of chickpeas in my pantry so I decided to make a batch of these for work. I have a "snack drawer" in my desk that holds a variety of foods for when hunger strikes. And this is my new favorite in the drawer!!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grab a can or two of chickpeas; drain and rinse.
Lay flat on a paper towel and blot or roll too remove the water.
Place on a baking sheet. This is where you can get creative. You can make your chickpeas sweet, salty or savory. It all depends on what you are in the mood for. I always enjoy a salty snack so I sprinkled mine with salt, pepper and paprika.
Place your chickpeas in the over for 30 minutes or until most are nice and crispy. Remember to stir them around a few times through the cooking process so they get evenly cooked and crispy.
Disclaimer: Some may turn dark brown....don't worry they taste amazing too.
Remove from the oven and let them cool. After they are cooled Store in a ziploc bag or storage container and enjoy!!

If you try this recipe, please comment on your toppings! I would love some ideas for my next batch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment