Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Day Well Lived

Do you ever have those days where you plop down on the couch at the end of a long day and think, "Now that was a day well lived." That is how I have felt the past few days. After 2 weeks of near perfect healthy eating and a 6-day a week workout routine, I feel more perfect than ever! The past 2 months have really been hard on my mental and physical health so it's so good to be back into the full swing of fitness!! :)
Today was the usual oatmeal breakfast. Lunch was leftover teriyaki veggies and egg-free German noodles!! It was just as amazing the 2nd time around. Dinner tonight was my favorite go-to dinner. When I make the kids anything cheese filled or meat containing anything, I go to this meal. It's just veggie pasta from Barilla, Boco soy crumbles and any veggies of choice. My favorite veggies of choice are mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes! Warm tomatoes are a dear food to my heart...I love them.
Just make the pasta, make the soy crumbles and then combine all the veggies into the same pot. It is easy and delicious!!
After we ate and cleaned up, I gathered up the kids and headed to the gym! The kids love going to the gym...they get to play and meet with their friends. I got into this amazing zone and MURDERED my work out! I was sweating like crazy.
Started out with a mile and a half in 10 minutes on the elliptical (why yes I was going full speed!) Then I went to lat pull downs, barbell curls, t-bar rows and a few other thing to hit my back and biceps!! Then it was home for a peanut butter rice cake, protein shake and Bear Naked original granola. Protein to make these muscles growww! And now it is time for me to get some sleep to let these muscles rest. :D

Question of the day: What do you do to motivate you through a hard day or a rough workout?



No comments:

Post a Comment