Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So....An Update

Sorry for the lack of communication. Life is a little, topsie-turvey if I can say that. My health problems are not getting any better and with more negative test results to say I'm frustrated would be the understatment of the year! I know when this passes, I am going to cherish every "good and healthy" day because it has been a year of constant health struggles! I feel like all the progress I have made in the past years with fitness and my body are dissolving right in front of me. I can't help but ask why me and try to figure out how this is even fair but I know there are people out there that have it a lot worse than I do so I look at the positives.
Today has been an ok day as far as eating goes. The headaches are starting to kick in and my muscles hurt when I sit too long now but I am going to try to get a run in after work. I have the Warrior Dash coming up and I need to train so bad. I go to the gastroenterologist on Monday and I'm really hoping he can tell me something. I don't know if feeling this way is worse than not knowing or vice vesa. Either way I want it to end. I am trying not to beat myself up too bad that I haven't been to the gym in almost a month but that's hard too. When you really get into the fitness life, it's impossible to let it take the backseat even when it is medically neccesary. So this is what I've been up to; dealing with enough personal issues and medical issues to last a lifetime. I promise to be back to my fitness post soon...I'm hoping Monday I will get some sort of news and a direction to head in for recovery. In the meantime, cheer me up by sharing your new workouts or any new work out gear you've purchased. I am about to take a huge step and purchase a pair of Mizuno runners and I'm very nervous but excited at the same time. I'm ready for big girl runners, just wish the cost wasn't so high. But from the reviews and "test driving" them, I am convinced the reward is well worth the price.

Question of the day: Do any of you run in Mizuno shoes? What's your favorite "go-to" shoe brand for running?

2 comments:

  1. oh man, I'm sorry your health isn't exactly cooperating. thats soo frustrating! its good you're looking at the positive side of things. i don't have experience with Mizuno, but I recently got the Saucony Kinvara 4 and im obsessed. its like im running on air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, thank you for the comment. I will have to look those shoes up. In my town we have a little runners shop that helps fit shoes and that's not a brand they carry. I made the mistake of buying the wrong shoe recently so I'm looking to avoid that by trying on 1,000 pairs of shoes until I find the perfect ones.

    ReplyDelete