Thursday, June 13, 2013

Yesterday's Workout

Yesterday I decided I would do arms and core at the gym. So I strapped on my heart rate moniter and headed out to the gym right after work. I wanted somehting that was going to be quick yet effective.
This is what my work out looked like:

100 Crunches (Mixed)
For a variety I did V-Crunches, Bicycle crunches, Regular crunches, and weighted decline crunches (reg. and twisting.)
3 sets of 20LB Skull Crushers
100 triceps pulldowns (increasing weight.)
100 Biceps curls (alternating 20LB weighted bar and 30LB weighted bar.)
50 each side weight side bends.
50 burpees (in-between sets.)
3 set triceps pushdowns (50, 60 and 70LBS.)
A .25 mile run on TM.

I was dripping sweat by the end of this. My monitor showed a 35.20 minute work out and 284 Cal burned.

It was also my 21st birthday yesterday so it felt great to reward my body for 21 years of hard work!
There will be a few drinks on Sunday after I am safe in NC and not taking care of my kids. :)

Also, I picked up this months Women's Health magazine and there was an article on Elsa Patakys, who is an actress. In the article she said something that stuck out to me and I just love it. She said, "Exercise is like an addiction. Once you're in it, you feel like your body needs it." I wonder if I'm the only one who would AGREE with this statement. I can tell when I haven't been to the gym for a few days. I actually start to ache all over. I know my body needs to go for a run or lift something heavy to satisfy the itch. That's the great thing about this lifestyle. There are so many positives and very few, if any, negatives. This "drug" is what wakes me up in the morning before any normal person to go run. It's what pushes me to go to the gym after a long day at work. The feeling of completing something I once thought was never possible is the high I love.

Fitness has lead me to kick so many bad habits (including the most recent, smoking. Nicotine free since November 2012!!) Soda, fast food, processed foods, my sugar addiction....these are all things that I would consume on a daily basis before I made this lifestyle change.

I love this lifestyle, the community that supports you and the positive reinforcement!

Question of the day: Do you agree with Elsa? What habits had the fitness lifestyle helped you kick?

No comments:

Post a Comment