Monday, June 10, 2013

What the World Is Wrong With People?

I read a post of a fellow bloggers page http://fitnessista.com/ this morning that disturbed me and should become a real issue to everyone. Of course this isn't the first time I've seen something like this but I feel like it should be spoken of over and over again. Why do we, as women, put other women down? I don't understand why we do this but it has to stop. Think about it...all the nasty things you say about others are probably the same thing they say about themselves. I have known some of the prettiest women but they are still self conscious and vulnerable to every mean thing that is said about them. 
Why, especially, would any woman in the fitness community tear down another woman for trying to achieve a goal! My philosophy is if you are off the couch and trying, you have all my respect! Whether you are 100 pounds recovering from a ED or 400 pounds just walking the block! If you are trying to work on your body and your health, there is no need to be torn down for it! 
I know it's going to take an awful lot or get this to stop. Either women are just too blind to see how their comments effect people or care. In my mins it takes a whole lot of insensitivity to bring another person down instead of building them up! I wish I could say I had never done it, of course I have! It doesn't make me proud or happy to bring other down. I feel like its become imbedded in our society to be perfect that anyone who isn't gets a finger pointed at them! Life is already cruel enough, lets stop bringing others down and start empowering women to make fitness goals! Whether they are starting for the 1st time or have hit a plateau we need to help push them in the right direction instead of pulling them down. You wonder why women are so scared to walk into a gym for the first time? Ok so today my message is...lift people up and help them reach their fitness goals or try new things instead of discouraging them! 

And because I missed it on Friday...her are my motivational pictures for last week! I hope they can help you thins week too! :D 
How many times have you psyched yourself out of doing something or cutting your gym session short? That was your mind controlling your body! As I say, you are way too smart to be the only thing standing in your way!

Bahahaha! A little weight lifting humor there :)

Oh this reminds me! A new change in my work out plan is going to add 2 days instead of 1 on arm day! They are lagging behind everything else :( 

I'm sure I've said it over a million times and every time I've made it to the other side! Have faith in yourself!

This is the only way you are going to be able to do it! No one else is going to do it for you...quit making excuse and complaining and do it! Every day. 


Question: what new exercises or classes are you putting into your routine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment